Electric motorhome

11 years Trev, they put the deadline back to 2035
Cheers thats a weight of my mind, no mission of me ever spending a large amount on electric car or van, in fact i have never spent a large amount on any car van or bike, fools game in my eyes.

.... found solar panels were not really worth the investment due to the capital costs and life expectancy etc.
I have been wondering about the life expectancy of solar panels. We had ours installed 11 years ago and they are still producing nearly as much as when they were new. My gas boiler is turned off certainly from May to September because my solar panels heat the water, and of course the house does not need heating. They are 3kw rated, and I went for what the salesman said were 'the best': German panels with some lah-de-dah coating to stop them getting a film of something or other. Also they have an electronic box in between each panel which means that if a panel is in shade when others are producing, that shaded panel doesn't reduce the output of the others. I am well pleased with them, I get an average of £85 a month in FIT payments, which of course also means that my hot water is free, and that I use less energy from the grid. The overall effect is that I pay £85 a month to the electric company, and a different electric company pays me £85 a month FIT. So in reality my only energy bill is for the gas I use.

11 years Trev, they put the deadline back to 2035
In 2035 I'll be 85 and probably not driving, so I don't care. In any case my 1981 Mercedes will still be running and it is Historic so immune from all these taxes and LEZ things.
. . .. . It'll probably be worth a fortune!
:)

In 2035 I'll be 85 and probably not driving, so I don't care. In any case my 1981 Mercedes will still be running and it is Historic so immune from all these taxes and LEZ things.
. . .. . It'll probably be worth a fortune!
:)
So will my jago jeep,pity it has a ford engine though.

The Ford Transit Custom PHEV is the only hybrid van I know of
It’s a titchy van but the longer lwb ice model is a popular platform for the rock and roll contortionists so I am sure there’s a few phev pop tops out there by now

It has a 30 mile (ish) range from it’s bunch of Duracells and a petrol generator range extender so will go continuously between fill ups

It is really weird and a bit unpleasant to drive because the engine whines quite irritatingly at a relatively constant speed

Blind Rudolph why they’re aren’t more hybrid vans

Back