Newbury Showground, Chieveley, Berkshire, RG18 9QZ
Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 12:00 PM
Until: Monday, May 20, 2024 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Thursday, May 16, 2024 - 12:00 PM
End: Monday, May 20, 2024 - 12:00 PM
I’m sure we’ve all had the email from Warners by now, so how about the six of us gathering at Chievely Services and then driving in together?

I’m sure we’ve all had the email from Warners by now, so how about the six of us gathering at Chievely Services and then driving in together?
You beat us to it! Just got home today not had internet! You can only wait 2 hrs at services without paying so need to agree a time

Welcome home and belated Birthday Wishes!
What time do the gates open? Glen and I are staying at the Woodpecker at Washwater the night before, which is only three miles from the Showground, so can be at Chievely any time you like.

Last edited:
What time do the gates open? Glen and I are staying at the Woodpecker at Washwater the night before, which is only three miles from the Showground, so can be at Chievely any time you like.
Should have put my brain in gear before I reacted to the email. I have asked if I can go with the C&MC, and am waiting on a response. Yours sounds a much better idea, but will have to wait until I get response from Warners.

Gates open at 9am but they will be queuing down the road

Would it be alright to join you at pub on Wednesday night. If so do I need to ring them to book?
Am sure that'll be fine - Roger can you sort? Hopefully us too. Martin has to check with bowls tonight as they are changing the nights they play

That's great looks like we are all rendez-vous ing at the Woodpecker the night of Wednesday 15th - 2 weeks today! @RoaminRog could you let us know what time the table has been booked for, please?

That’s great news. The landlady has said we can eat whenever we want to. Personally we intend to arrive before 5pm to miss the worst of the traffic, but I will suggest that we eat around 7pm. Is that good for everybody?
It may be an idea to ask if anyone has any allergies that the pub need to be aware of?

You should have all received a PM by now, giving directions to the Pub.
Please read it in case there’s anything that you’re not quite happy about, and let me know.
Otherwise see you all on 15th!

Back