2024 France/Spain Tour.

Change of plan due to medical reasons (nothing serious) to my Bro in law, they're not sure to be at their home in Italy this month. So tomorrow we are heading to Spain.

Looking for suggestions for best SIM card to purchase when we arrive to Spain? We looked at RegLow card today at Le Clerk, fine if remaining within France, very restrictive with data use in Spain.

Thanks in adavance.
I normally buy a vodafone sim from vodafone shop , works [well] in Spain only . Last trip I bought a vodafone sim at a booth in a supermarket in La Jonquera . 140Gb for 30 euros . Worked in France and UK . Still can't quite work that out

First of all, Bill can you edit title for me please, remove Italy for Spain, problem with satnav 😂

Decided to chance weather and head for La Dune De Pilat at Arcachon, glad we did, what an amazing experience, sand soft and fine like the Negev Desert.

Now at Biarritz for a break, then head to border.

IMG_5717.jpegIMG_5720.jpegIMG_5718.jpegIMG_5721.jpeg

Looking to buy a sim to use in France on the mobile service run by LeClerc I bought one of these Last year was well spoken of on here @SimonM bought from customer service desk at Leclerc but we haven't tried it Yet
1712678524057.jpeg

Looking to buy a sim to use in France on the mobile service run by LeClerc I bought one of these Last year was well spoken of on here @SimonM bought from customer service desk at Leclerc but we haven't tried it Yet
View attachment 72220
I thought that they were automatically activated on purchase, so you may find that there's no credit on it (and that it's built up a massive debit balance for all the months outstanding!).

We used that card last year, looked again a few days ago, problem is, as we are heading to Spain, the RegLo card is very restrictive.
Thanks for your post though 👍

We used that card last year, looked again a few days ago, problem is, as we are heading to Spain, the RegLo card is very restrictive.
Thanks for your post though 👍
Ok I remember it was ok for several countries but mainly France We only bought the card never opened it to register so no charges built up

Anyone for Escargots and Cuisses De Grenouilles?
Lovely 😊
View attachment 71897View attachment 71898
Snails, lovely. Frogs legs,nah.Most come from Vietnam and the far east. The legs are chopped off whilst poor froggy is still alive .
I ate them once by default in Spain on a tapas crawl.They were breaded and looked like whitebait.I soon realised what they were and was horrified,but seeing as I'd payed for them, carried on and enjoyed the taste. But never again,it's a dirty trade.

Snails, lovely. Frogs legs,nah.Most come from Vietnam and the far east. The legs are chopped off whilst poor froggy is still alive .
I ate them once by default in Spain on a tapas crawl.They were breaded and looked like whitebait.I soon realised what they were and was horrified,but seeing as I'd payed for them, carried on and enjoyed the taste. But never again,it's a dirty trade.
Yugh!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,🤮,

I ended up bouncing off the walls, I reckon the legs were cooked in an illegal sauce 😳

I think you will find it will not work now as it is activated at purchase.

However, I did have one that wouldn’t work on insertion (oo-er matron!) and I needed to call the help line. I spoke with an excellent English speaker as my French wasn’t up to it, and he switched it on for me.

So, it’s worth a try, and even if it won’t work maybe you can see if they will activate it. If all fails, at least it only cost a few quid. Not to forget that the actual card itself was €5 of the cost, and you can buy the 60gb to restart it for just the €14.95.

Or bin it, and buy a new one - whichever is easiest for you.

First of all, Bill can you edit title for me please, remove Italy for Spain, problem with satnav 😂

Decided to chance weather and head for La Dune De Pilat at Arcachon, glad we did, what an amazing experience, sand soft and fine like the Negev Desert.

Now at Biarritz for a break, then head to border.

View attachment 72215View attachment 72216View attachment 72217View attachment 72218
We took our boys to the Grande Dune du Pilat over 30 years ago, and they loved it.

A guy I worked with once took his whole family to Biarritz for a holiday. When he returned he gave me his views of the town in no uncertain terms. Having visited myself some years later, I was disappointed and had to agree with him.

Why not keep going to Donastia-San Sebastian as there is so much more to see and do. It's a really nice place.

We’re heading for the “pilau” sand dune next week.
Anyone else on the Friday 19/4 lunchtime plymouth to roscoff ferry🤔
Then onwards to Spain & southern 🇵🇹
Bring it on😀😀

We took our boys to the Grande Dune du Pilat over 30 years ago, and they loved it.

A guy I worked with once took his whole family to Biarritz for a holiday. When he returned he gave me his views of the town in no uncertain terms. Having visited myself some years later, I was disappointed and had to agree with him.

Why not keep going to Donastia-San Sebastian as there is so much more to see and do. It's a really nice place.
Roughed it last night due to aire being full (Biarittz) got on this morning for two night. Currently cycling along the beach front, cracking day and the town is pretty stunning.
IMG_5731.jpegIMG_5732.jpeg

I picked up a property mag to view, one would be lucky to pick up a 6’x4’ garden shed for under 200k here 😳

Back