What make coffee machine works with inverter?

I got one of those that Aldi were selling last year, comes with a travel mug. It’s a filter type not capsule. Was a bargain at a fiver from a charity shop in Amesbury but I think they were around £20 or just under when on sale

I bought one of these for the house - Bosch Tassimo ... https://amzn.to/4a5qbw8
The pods are not cheap being about twice the price of nespresso type ones but the actual machine is far cheaper - probably a balancing act of upfront cost vs amount of use, but for 1 or 2 people using occasionally, the Bosch looked the best option.

Can use it in the Motorhome on the inverter as well (y) . But it is a close call. It should work fine as it is rated at 1300W and my inverter is 1350W. However, in practice, it draws 2000W a few times when making a cup :( . My Victron Multiplus can handle that overload so I can still use it, but other sub-2000W inverters may not be able to, so just a warning there not to believe the label!

The OP has a 3000W inverter, so the Bosch Tassimo would be an option that should work without an issue if the machine itself suits.

I got one of those that Aldi were selling last year, comes with a travel mug. It’s a filter type not capsule. Was a bargain at a fiver from a charity shop in Amesbury but I think they were around £20 or just under when on sale
'Travel Mug' : a Motorhomer ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Jar from tesco 77p, only a spoon required. 😂
Or several teaspoons required, Trev, 'cos at 77p a jar, the coffee is likely to dissolve them ... :ROFLMAO: Mind you, thinking back to Kelso last year when Elaine tripped and spilled a full freshly made cafetiere over me, she could have put me in hospital much cheaper ... 'This is not any coffee burn; this is a Lavazza burn ....' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Try and AERO PRESS uses hot water (gas kettle) and makes good coffee using real ground coffee
A tad fussy but so much better than fussing with an expensive inverter and expensive coffee machine and expensive pods.
Just my thoughts.. OR a French/Italian Stove top percolator type.
Turning the gas on and off again is not that hard !. Ok With solar etc LECCY is free but the other items are pricey (IMO)

I bought one of these for the house - Bosch Tassimo ... https://amzn.to/4a5qbw8
The pods are not cheap being about twice the price of nespresso type ones but the actual machine is far cheaper - probably a balancing act of upfront cost vs amount of use, but for 1 or 2 people using occasionally, the Bosch looked the best option.

Can use it in the Motorhome on the inverter as well (y) . But it is a close call. It should work fine as it is rated at 1300W and my inverter is 1350W. However, in practice, it draws 2000W a few times when making a cup :( . My Victron Multiplus can handle that overload so I can still use it, but other sub-2000W inverters may not be able to, so just a warning there not to believe the label!

The OP has a 3000W inverter, so the Bosch Tassimo would be an option that should work without an issue if the machine itself suits.
Thank you that is very helpful

I detest strong coffee, hence i buy the cheap soft stuff, i have tried a few from coffee shops and to be honest is more like paint stripper.

Try and AERO PRESS uses hot water (gas kettle) and makes good coffee using real ground coffee
A tad fussy but so much better than fussing with an expensive inverter and expensive coffee machine and expensive pods.
The idea of what people on this forum think is a fuss and what is not is interesting. (I think it is "what I do is no fuss. ANYTHING else is a fuss"?).

For example, to use my machine, I fill up a water container from the tape and that just drops in at the back. 10 seconds under the tap and in place.
Then to use, you put a cup under the output nozzle, pop in a pod, press a button and then around 30 seconds later, you have your nice coffee (or tea - I mostly use my machine to make a spicey chai tea and apart from that a Salted Caramel Costa Coffee). Open the top, take out the pod and throw it away (or actually in the recycling bag) and that is it!
No measuring out of coffee, adding water, then cleaning out the pot afterwards of all the grounds and swilling the sink for ages to get the last of the grounds away The only cleaning up is rinsing out the cup and job is done.
So once you have the inverter and the machine (a one-off operation) how is the process after that point in the least bit fussy?

Maybe the cost of the convenience is not attractive, but that has nothing to do with the level of 'fuss' involved in the different options.

Just my thoughts.. OR a French/Italian Stove top percolator type.
Turning the gas on and off again is not that hard !. Ok With solar etc LECCY is free but the other items are pricey (IMO)

The idea of what people on this forum think is a fuss and what is not is interesting. (I think it is "what I do is no fuss. ANYTHING else is a fuss"?).

For example, to use my machine, I fill up a water container from the tape and that just drops in at the back. 10 seconds under the tap and in place.
Then to use, you put a cup under the output nozzle, pop in a pod, press a button and then around 30 seconds later, you have your nice coffee (or tea - I mostly use my machine to make a spicey chai tea and apart from that a Salted Caramel Costa Coffee). Open the top, take out the pod and throw it away (or actually in the recycling bag) and that is it!
No measuring out of coffee, adding water, then cleaning out the pot afterwards of all the grounds and swilling the sink for ages to get the last of the grounds away The only cleaning up is rinsing out the cup and job is done.
So once you have the inverter and the machine (a one-off operation) how is the process after that point in the least bit fussy?

Maybe the cost of the convenience is not attractive, but that has nothing to do with the level of 'fuss' involved in the different options.
For fuss sake please keep it simple for the likes of me. :unsure: 😂

Back