Prostate Cancer

Its despicable how slow they are.
I am sure it’s a post code lottery . I am in County Durham between Hartlepool and Sunderland .
If I had still been in Southampton I am sure the results would be a lot different. As just getting an appointment at a doctor was the last time I asked was. 6 weeks.

Just back from the Southampton area today as I had doctors appointment .

Here we ring at 8am amd get a phone call same day usually then one from the doc usually same day then either get drugs sent to Asda or go see the doc etc, pointless risk going for appointments as there never are any.

With the doctors the biggest question is was it like this before the very start of Covid.

It was not long before you could see a doctor face to face .
While Covid was on the workloads on doctors was more controlled. Hence that’s when it all changed .

And sadly is very unlikely to return to the way it was before.

Most of our GPs didnt turn up and worked from home now they are one day week.

If I do not get a call back I go to the surgery and ask why, only had to do it once as they really do not like a face to face.

We have a horrendously difficult web system now, a check boxes I just tell them I'm 73 and dont do puters so they fill it all in for me on the phone.

Our A&E Hospital has an automated electronic triage system in place of a reception. It was obvious what it was by Question 3.

By an incredible co-incidence my wife was called forwards immediately. In and out in less than 2 hours. To be fair she had broken her shoulder in three places, including the cup and ball joint, but I didn't know that when I completed the electronic triage template.

Most of our GPs didnt turn up and worked from home now they are one day week.

If I do not get a call back I go to the surgery and ask why, only had to do it once as they really do not like a face to face.

We have a horrendously difficult web system now, a check boxes I just tell them I'm 73 and dont do puters so they fill it all in for me on the phone.
Good man, i do the same and also say i dont have a smart ph when they ask, if you dont the blighters will pester you to hell with adverts on health.
I do this with all gov sites and use a ph to book car mot, makes the bu--ers work for a living and not hide behind a pc.

I had sepsis after my second biopsy 111 said have you tried paracetamol.

Wankersm
When I had a stay in hospital recently three patients came into the ward with sepsis, all being told that they were just in time to be treatable. If there’s any doubt you may have sepsis it’s definitely worth getting it checked promptly.

Back