New legs for an old moho

Mine were 85kg. I guess the electric ones are lighter than the hydraulic ones.
Mine are hydraulic. The amplo. System This is the answer to the question I asked about the weight .

The fitted weight would be 65kg.

Regards

Paula Redfern. This is from TowTal

IMG_0440.jpeg

My iveco (in my Avatar) came with E&P levellers already installed in fact it was a significant reason for buying the van I effectively bought what the levellers would have cost to install and got the van free!

They’ve been on the van since 2009 and work perfectly no pitting on the rams or leaks etc
The hydraulic lines are very neatly installed a couple have some signs of surface rust.
I also think it’s due an oil change as I doubt it’s been done over the last few years
They are linked to the air suspension so it kneels if required.
They can raise each wheel high enough to change a tyre
I can get the van 100% level so really useful whilst building the interior.

Marvellous gadget!

I was in the "I'm not paying that much for that" camp...until we bought our 2017 Comanche which had the E&P system already on it. The MH was a year old and there was no premium charged for the system when we bought the MH. Now I wouldn't be without it and we'll get it moved to any future MH we get.

That reminds me: I need to go and give the legs a dousing in silicon spray as I have it up on the legs at the mo. I do this every so often to stop any squeaking when the legs extend.

What do you do about the extra height getting in that may happen depending on ground you park on? I saw one van on a site (that I would have said was level) lofted about 4” off the floor on each wheel. Surely they would need to carry an extra step?

I guess so. It's rare that all 4 would be that high off the ground I'd say as normally it's just a front/back/either side combo that would need levelling.

It is noticeable if the front is fully up, in that the automatic step leaves a larger step down to the ground however we carry a foldable 2-step thing anyway which has coped thus far.

Can’t remember the make/model but it was a big A class on Salisbury CCC last year. There were a few more with levellers but this one was real high. I should have taken a pic really but a single step wouldn’t have been enough unless you were Lee, would have needed a double. I would have been worried about damage if something failed, the rams looked too small a diameter for what they were doing. Thinking sideways strength not up/down.

Mine for example will lift the front wheels off if we are sloping that way. The rear ones then go down just to take the strain really with no visible lift on them but just to add stability.

What do you do about the extra height getting in that may happen depending on ground you park on? I saw one van on a site (that I would have said was level) lofted about 4” off the floor on each wheel. Surely they would need to carry an extra step?
Thinking the same or a set of ladders 😅

The front of our Moho is lower than the rear.
So when levelling the front it will always be higher than the rear .

The rear rams just take the weight of the tyres.

However pointing up a ramp the front wheels will be just touching the ground with the rams just taking the weight and the rear rams may just lift the wheels from the floor ..

As for all four rams down and all wheels off the floor well personally I just can’t see why ..

I was surprised how far my front wheels were off the ground when playing on my drive!

I was surprised how far my front wheels were off the ground when playing on my drive!

Just watched the video thingy. Is the drive the old ambulance sits on very steep. .

Or do you need to change the rams for longer ones..

Having changed MH recently I miss the level indicator in the Bailey.
It was the bathroom light cord. We have been in situations where the cord was 3" from the wall at the top but a foot away at the bottom.

@Sonar
My drive slopes a fair bit more than it looks, If longer rams are available and I certainly wouldn’t want to spend whatever they would cost. Pads form offcuts of scaffold boards etc is far cheaper!

The E&P system has a safety feature built in and won’t self level if the vans too uneven then it needs to be done manually. Stackable pads add any height needed but more importantly help to spread the load especially on wet grass where they will probably become essential

Reactions: GMJ
Having changed MH recently I miss the level indicator in the Bailey.
It was the bathroom light cord. We have been in situations where the cord was 3" from the wall at the top but a foot away at the bottom.
Oh the old plum line light cord. Know it well

@Sonar
My drive slopes a fair bit more than it looks, If longer rams are available and I certainly wouldn’t want to spend whatever they would cost. Pads form offcuts of scaffold boards etc is far cheaper!

The E&P system has a safety feature built in and won’t self level if the vans too uneven then it needs to be done manually. Stackable pads add any height needed but more importantly help to spread the load especially on wet grass where they will probably become essential

I carry 4 x 10inch, 2inch thick wooden boards to deploy if on grass and there is any doubt as to sinkage. I think I've only had to deploy ones for the front once to lift it hight due to an adverse slope.

I carry 4 x 10inch, 2inch thick wooden boards to deploy if on grass and there is any doubt as to sinkage. I think I've only had to deploy ones for the front once to lift it hight due to an adverse slope.
Thinking the same now. Just have look about for a scaffold board the cut up

M
ust be a building site somewhere nearby. I didn’t say that by the way lol

If you make some attach a decent length loop of rope/nylon cord to each of them so you can pull them out from under the MH easier after they have been used...especially if they have embedded them selves in the grass.

If you make some attach a decent length loop of rope/nylon cord to each of them so you can pull them out from under the MH easier after they have been used...especially if they have embedded them selves in the grass.
Thanks nice tip

Reactions: GMJ
Back