What did you do to your van today?

Today I gad a rear window removed from one of the rear doors and replaced with a steel plate to facilitate a spare wheel carrier.
Tomorrow is the sealing and painting. Then fitting the carrier and wheel.

All ready to escape on Friday.

Continued van prep for the off next Thursday. Re-routed and replaced the waste tank outlet valve. Continued my search for the annoying rattle that has been getting worse over the last few months. Having taken out most of the dashboard at various times with no success, I happened to look underneath the engine bay whilst it was jacked up for the waste 5ank work. The protective scuttle was very loose so I'm hopeful that is the cause, will road test on Tuesday. I'm guessing it had not been refitted properly after a cam belt change last year, grrrr.

Today I gad a rear window removed from one of the rear doors and replaced with a steel plate to facilitate a spare wheel carrier.
Tomorrow is the sealing and painting. Then fitting the carrier and wheel.

All ready to escape on Friday.
Welding went well, thankfully. The rubber based sealant went everywhere.

Mrs A tells me that I owe a bottle of acetone for her nail varnish. I'm sure that when you are married you are supposed to share!

No hope on this occassion

Arrived home late afternoon yesterday. Just enough time to get Brunhilde booked in for a full service, brakes check and brake calipers check/clean on 16th May, just about in time for the Hollingworth Rally, so fingers crossed there are no problems! Travelling the A34 on Wednesday night, I hit, not so much a pothole as a scale model of the Grand Canyon. There was a hell of a bang, and I thought there might be a cracked wheel or a damaged tyre; but the M/Home steers straight [short burst of hands off the steering wheel driving and no movement of the steering, no vibration or noises], and we drove a further 400+ miles without incident. Visual check in daylight seemed OK, so I might hhave been lucky. Something for the garage to check ...

Steve

Arrived home late afternoon yesterday. Just enough time to get Brunhilde booked in for a full service, brakes check and brake calipers check/clean on 16th May, just about in time for the Hollingworth Rally, so fingers crossed there are no problems! Travelling the A34 on Wednesday night, I hit, not so much a pothole as a scale model of the Grand Canyon. There was a hell of a bang, and I thought there might be a cracked wheel or a damaged tyre; but the M/Home steers straight [short burst of hands off the steering wheel driving and no movement of the steering, no vibration or noises], and we drove a further 400+ miles without incident. Visual check in daylight seemed OK, so I might hhave been lucky. Something for the garage to check ...

Steve
Glad to read you arrived home safely, Steve 👍.

You know you are back in the UK with the road noise, which is more noticeable as you have driven a month or three on
road surfaces that similar to a billiard table surface condition in France and Spain. Even their crap road surfaces are superior to UK.

Glad to read you arrived home safely, Steve 👍.

You know you are back in the UK with the road noise, which is more noticeable as you have driven a month or three on
road surfaces that similar to a billiard table surface condition in France and Spain. Even their crap road surfaces are superior to UK.
If that's how you feel stay there and it's one less for us to have on the road,jeeeeeeez

Back