Weather Report..................

Checked the forecast last night, before turning in... No chance of rain in the next 24 hours, gentle southerly breezes unlikely to blow in anything nasty... So I battened down the hatches. Two hours later a Hooley blew up from the north. 15 minutes afterwards, I was outside connecting up the cistern. As I got back into bed.... The Heavens opened... About 1½ inches of rain arrived. Forecasters and Politicians ... ? Grrrr ! ...... Mind you, we're lunching on a breezy, sunny terrace.

Lovely morning in Victorville but only 9 degrees now, should be 22 degrees later. However we’re moving on to Palm Desert where it will be unbroken sunshine for the forseeable future, 30 degrees today. ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️?

A grey grotty day, then the sun came out when it was time to set. I could just see it burnishing some brown leaves to a lovely copper colour.

Well the sun has been shining here today but tonight it’s cold outside or if we were in the van I’d say “fresh”

Here on Canvey the temp is 16deg it’s a little overcast but I am assured by Anton ( the motorhome genius) that the sun will shine later today and tomorrow will be fab.

It’s a lovely autumn morning the sun is shining and there was a slight grass frost here at Durham

Good news: It's raining gently, filling the cisterns...
Even better news : It was just 15 degrees, when we entered the village bakery/ coffee shop. Winter starts at 16 degrees. They asked me if I was cold...? I had to say yes.. Can't argue with the thermometer, can you ?
When the coffees arrived, there was a large glass of my favourite, dark brandy... The first of the winter .
One should never argue with the local traditions, should one?

Well the sun has disappeared and it’s going to be a cold and maybe frosty night here at Durham

Ed and myself are now at the free Aire at Lachamp Raphael. This Aire is at:

wp_ss_20181015_0002 (2).png

As you can see, we're somewhat above sea level. It's chilly, damp and occasionally windy. The locals have already got the roads prepared with snow guide poles alongside the roads:

WP_20181015_15_32_36_Rich (4).jpg

(This is a lower level road leading towards the Aire).
In fact they've seen fit to add snow guide poles to the Aire facilities:

WP_20181015_16_34_00_Rich.jpg

I think extra bedding is in order tonight.

Colin ???

Reactions: 2cv
You haven't had the bad storms then Colin? Said on the news that 4 have been killed today, hope you are well away from it

Back