Weather Report..................

You haven't had the bad storms then Colin? Said on the news that 4 have been killed today, hope you are well away from it

I think the disastrous rain storms were to the west of us in the Aude region, Neil.
It puts any minor inconvenience we experience sharply into perspective.
Our thoughts obviously are with those affected.

Colin ???

This gorgeous weather in Austria and now Germany just keeps on going, can’t believe it...more of the same for at least another week. Sadly we must head back towards blustery Blighty.

6EF51A55-24C1-4C43-B87E-C1B70FAD0529.jpeg0CD99A51-0A8F-4A45-B594-F89E083770ED.jpegB720FAE6-CC49-412F-B54E-B177F03E3A2F.jpeg

Following recent TV reports of terrible weather down through Western France, Spain and Portugal, we've had worried friends and relatives contacting us, to see if we're OK..We are.
The forecast is for calm, mainly dry weather, all week.
We're keeping the umbrella handy!

It's a trifle chilly up here in the mountains north of The Ardeche. Oh, and it rained overnight.
So today we'll drop down a thousand metres or so and have a look at the river as it cuts its way deep into bedrock.

Colin :):):)

• Sad
Reactions: 2cv
I experienced the flash floods in South East France back in the late 80's although I slept through the worst downpour. Woke to a flooded mountain race track, 24 hour race abandoned and most gone home it was weird. Papers and news were showing cars washed out of underground car parks in Marseille, glad we were up high and not down there that night

Could be worse. 22 degrees, cloudy . More rain forecast and our lane is looking dodgy. It needs it's annual visit from the council JCB.
We'll drive the van down, carefully straddling the ruts, before it gets worse..
Then we'll park it prominently in the market field, as a subtle reminder to the mayor, who lives close by.

Ed and I had occasional light rain along the Ardèche gorge earlier today but it had stopped completely by the time we had arrived at the free Aire here at St Alexandre overlooking the Rhône Valley and vineyards:

WP_20181016_18_47_34_Rich.jpg

It must be 10°C to 15°C warmer here than it was this morning up in the mountains.
And the local fauna emphasises that:

WP_20181016_18_31_38_Rich.jpg

WP_20181016_18_25_40_Rich.jpg

Colin ???

27 degrees in the shade. Spent an hour, hacking back the Bougainvillea. Had to give up by 10.30... Its too hot. Rain expected tonight.

WP_20181017_12_10_25_Pro (2).jpg

Back